Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day One

LAUNCHED!  So...about a month ago I entered into a make-up competition through my school.  Totally thought I had it in the bag.  I had the perfect model, the perfect idea, and I thought my work on competition day looked perfect as well...I didn't even get honorable mention.

Needless to say...the drive home from Salt Lake was a somber one.  I had two options that night.  I could've stayed bitter and given up on what I thought was a fake, made up talent.  There was no way could I really be talented if I couldn't even win a freaking cosmetology school competition. My other option was to be angry enough to come back at them and give them absolutely everything I had to show them that I really am the best at what I love to do.  That angry emotion, is what kicked off the idea of di'Amor Make-Up Artistry.  My new baby :)

Ever since I was an awkward Jr. Higher....I've loved make-up.  I remember sneaking into my moms bathroom at a VERY young age and piling tons and tons of Clinique liquid foundation onto my face and about a pound of bright red lipstick (love the '80s).  I feel like I've finally learned how to make those two products look beautiful on a woman's face...and now I want to share that knowledge with everyone around me.

I had a very close friend when I was about 13 or 14 years old who was my childhood babysitter.  As I got a little older we developed a very close friendship and would spend lots and lots of time together at each others houses.  I always looked up to her and thought she was one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen (she still is).  Sometimes when I would go over to her house she would teach me how to put make-up on.  One of the first techniques she ever taught me was the Smokey Eye.  I have taken that to be my signature look ever since.  Nowadays everyone asks me to do my "signature" on them.  Every time they love it :)

I've also tried to expand my abilities past the Smokey Eye...and the more I've experimented and tried different things, the more I've learned and the more I've fallen in love with the art form of make-up.  I just think it's so amazing that one application can look SO different from the next one...and all it takes is washing it off and starting all over!  It's so versatile and you can express yourself in so many different ways!  This is the one thing that I've learned I'm extremely passionate about and I feel like I can make such an impact because of it.  

Now, here is where I take my passion and my love and make it reality.  Ever since the day I lost that competition my wonderful husband, Blake, and I have been throwing different ideas back and forth to each other on how I can make people aware of my talent/passion.  As you can see....we're coming up on 5:00 AM on October 12, 2010.  Blake and I have been up alllllllllllllll night creating a website, business cards, and now a blog.  I am starting a freelance make-up artistry business that I'm thinking will someday turn into something even more!  I'm going to keep up on this blog and keep everyone updated on the business and all the adventures we're going to come across.  I will eventually be posting coupons and promo codes on here for my closest friends and supporters to take advantage of.  There will be pictures, exciting stories, and inspiration about one girl who took ahold of her dream and made into a reality, one way or another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment